Slip and Fall

You may qualify for compensation if you have slipped and fallen (or tripped and fallen) if your accident is the result of negligence on the part of a property owner.

This part of the law, called premises liability, can get fairly complicated. If you come to us because of this type of accident on someone else’s property, we will look into whether the property owner was aware of the hazardous condition or should have been aware of it. For example, we’ll discover how long the unsafe condition has existed and whether the owner should have had time to correct it.

Still, another element in this type of situation is whether the fall victim should have been able to notice and avoid the situation. This is called the open and obvious doctrine defense, and this is where it gets complicated. To determine whether this applies, each case must be thoroughly investigated so that it can be determined whether negligence, cause and the resultant injury are sufficiently connected.

It’s true that, when property owners are negligent or careless, injuries from slips and falls can happen. If this has happened to you or a family member, or if you suspect this is the case and have questions about being compensated for the injury, the team at Whiting Law can investigate your case and advise you on what your legal options are.

Call us today at 678-744-5881 for a free consultation, or you can fill out the form to your right and we will be in touch.